Dutch National Heratige
The donjon was partially burnt in 1675 and after which decay set in, and further parts were gradually demolished. The lands (and the ruins) became possessions of the province of Holland, and were nationalised in 1795. The grounds were later sold under the condition that the ruins would not be demolished. This made the ruins one of the first examples of the Dutch National Heratige (Monumenten Zorg).
In 1889, the ruins were donated by Jhr. Mr. W. van Teylingen to the Dutch state, who remain the current caretakers. The ruins fall under the jurisdiction of the Rijksgebouwendienst (state’s building service). At the end of the 20th century, the ruins were partially restored and the partially filled in moat was also restored to its original state. Funding for the restoration was made possible through the purchasing of grounds by the Foundation Slot Teylingen, which then donated the acquired grounds back to the Dutch state.
The municipality of Teylingen is named after the castle, partly because the name Teylingen was also present in the three former municipalities Sassenheim, Voorhout and Warmond.
If jou need high resolution pictures of the Teylinger Ruin Castle, here on Pixable Stockphoto we have a nice collection of the Teylingen Ruin. Click here